Hotel Dieu Grace Healthcare: Community Pool Program
This program offers therapeutic pool facilities to individuals with chronic pain.
You must have a medical clearance from your family physician or specialist. Cost is $70 for an eight week session (16 visits).
* Must also be independent and able to dress and undress as well as get into the pool by him/herself, no hands-on assistance.
- Patients who have been through physiotherapy pool program and no longer require physiotherapy intervention. Individuals with chronic pain, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, arthritis, etc.
- Pool temperature is maintained at 95-99 degrees.
- All sessions are supervised by a kinesiologist.
- Must either be independent and able to dress and undress as well as get into the pool independently or attend with a helper.
- Must be continent
- Change rooms have benches and grab bars in bathroom stalls
** The pool has a lift, but has not been used in years.
*** Can have a helper to supervise one-on-one throughout the whole pool session.
Physiotherapy Department, Tayfour Campus
Phone: 519-257-5207 | www.wrh.on.ca
Windsor Aquatics Club (WAC): Adie Knox Herman Recreational Complex
Offers competitive swimming and coaches that will assess children who are 5 years and older to ensure that they are placed in the correct group according to their abilities. Fees apply, two week free trial period.
1511 Wyandotte St. West, Windsor, ON
Phone: 519-971-7479 | www.windsoraquatic.com
Family change rooms, Hydraulic change table and private lessons available
See website or call for details about public swimming times and fees.
2121 Laurier Drive, LaSalle, ON N9J 0B4
Phone: 519-969-7771 | www.town.lasalle.on.ca