Accessible Transportaiton Services in Windsor and Essex County:
CareLink Health Transport Service: JMCC is proud to partner with Community Support Centre CareLink Health Transport Service to offer accessible and affordable transportation for JMCC families.
CROWN Patient Transfer
- Service Provided: Accessible door-to-door transportation to JMCC clients and one caregiver to JMCC, JMCC recreational activities and other medical appointments. Transportation to attend JMCC without a caregiver will be granted on an individual basis if the client is travelling alone.
- Eligibility: Families that require accessible transportation to JMCC and other medical appointments. Car Seats are not accepted at this time.
- Cost: The round trip fee for service is $18.00; Harrow/Colchester is $25.00
- Please speak with your child's clinician if you are interested. Registration is completed over the phone: 519-728-1435 (press 1 for transportation). Families will need to indicate that their child receives services from JMCC.
Anything outside of city needs a direct quote.
Phone: 519-977-0666 or toll-free at 1-855-977-0666 | www.crownaccessible.com
A pre-booked, curb-to-curb transportation service for those unable to use the regular Transit Windsor bus system. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. Application process required and bookings are available up to three weeks in advance. Waiting list procedure for appropriate times and dates based on available space. Same day bookings require a two-hour minimum notice and are subject to availability.
Phone: 519-966-0930 | windsoressex.cioc.ca
Patient Transfer Services
Available 24 hours/day while an RN accompanies client on all long distance trips and there is room for one extra passenger.
Phone: 519-996-2108 | www.ptswindsor.com
This accessible service provides:
- Low floor from front to rear
- No steps
- Bus floor lowers to curb level
- Extra wide passenger doors
- Electronically controlled heating and air-conditioning
- Wheelchair securement provisions for two chairs (customers are required to set their brakes on wheelchairs and/or scooters)
- Large electronic destination signs
- Improved panoramic windows
Passengers using mobility devices are reminded to board and disembark via the front door, and are encouraged to travel during off-peak times to avoid the likelihood of bypassing. Drivers, upon request, will provide assistance with lap belts. Pick-ups and drop-offs are to be done at regular bus stops. Courtesy stops may be accommodated provided they can be done safely according to deriver discretion.
Phone: 519-944-4111 | www.citywindsor.ca
Care-A-Van: Essex Community Services
Provides accessible door-to-door transportation services to those of all ages. Capacity for 16 passengers, including four wheelchairs.
Transportation to Essex and area and Windsor
Phone: 519-776-4231 | www.essexcs.on.ca
Care-a-Van: Harrow and Colchester South
Provides accessible door-to-door transportation to those of any age with a physical disability to Windsor, Harrow, Kingsville and Leamington.
Care Medical Transportation Services
Phone: 519-735-9420 or 1-866-900-9420 | www.caremedicaltransport.com
TLC Patient Transfer: Kingsville
Obtaining an Accessible Parking Permit:
Applications for an Accessible Parking Permit can be obtained at any Ministry of Transportation office or by visiting their website: www.mto.gov.on.ca
Travelling outside of Windsor and Essex County:
Canadian Transportation Agency: Visit their Accessible Transportation website for a variety of information and answers regarding air or rail transporation for persons with disabilities. Often, companies will require pre-registration. Contact providers in advance of use for more information.
Accessible Train Travel: VIA Rail Canada provides specific information regarding services they offer to individuals with special needs.