Keeping everyone safe at JMCC DETAILS.
A A A |    |  Print  |   Share


If you would like to submit a question, please contact the webmaster

How can I access the JMCC Referral Form?
Our Referral Form can be found on our website on the Intake & Referrals Page.

Who pays for programs and services at JMCC?
Services at the John McGivney Children’s Centre are primarily funded through the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. There are no costs to families to receive services. There may be expenses for equipment needed for your child.

We offer Ontario Autism Program services in partnership with Thames Valley Children’s Centre. These services are offered on a fee-for-service basis. For more information, please visit the Thames Valley Children's Centre website


Who can receive services from the John McGivney Children’s Centre and how do children get referred to the Centre?
At JMCC, we serve children and youth under the age of 19, and young people between the ages of 19 and 21 who remain in school and reside in Windsor and Essex County. Specific eligibility and referral criteria for each program and service as well as our JMCC referral form can be found under the Services tab on our website.

What is the difference between us and other agencies, like Children First and Connections?
JMCC provides paediatric therapy and support services to the Windsor and Essex County community, enriching and celebrating the lives of children and youth with disabilities to help abilities grow by providing child focused, family-centred care. Our therapy staff includes health care professionals and support staff who work closely with the child and their family to provide assessment and treatment to meet their individual goals. Depending on need, therapy services are offered in the Centre, in community schools, in our JMCC School, in the home and at child care centres. At JMCC, we serve children and youth under the age of 19, and young people between the ages of 19 and 21 who remain in school.

How do children and youth receive therapy services at school?
Children in school who need services are referred to JMCC by school staff. JMCC staff provide speech therapy, occupational therapy and some physiotherapy in all four publicly funded school boards in Windsor and Essex County. If you think your child may benefit from therapy services at school please speak with your child’s teacher or principal.

Can anyone use the playground?
Yes! Our playground, Play McGivney, is open to the public and is perfect for those of all ages and abilities. It is open in the evenings and on weekends as well as during JMCC business hours.

What is the wait time to get an appointment?
Every referral is prioritized based on the need of the child and the type of treatment requested. 

Why doesn’t JMCC want my child’s health card number?
Health cards are your private information. We are not required to have your child’s health card in order to treat them. Occasionally we may need to ask for it to access special funding. Generally, if we do not require personal health information we will not ask for it.

If JMCC releases information about my child without my consent what happens?
We are required to investigate how and why the information was released so that we can prevent it from happening again. We also need to inform you that it happened and if the information was lost, stolen, or accessed by someone who did not have permission. In addition, we must report the incident to the Ontario Information and Privacy Commissioner for further follow-up.

Where does JMCC keep my child’s records?
We use an electronic system to maintain your child’s file which includes reports, notes and demographic information. This is a secured system that many children’s treatment centres use. Additionally, members of your child’s care team may keep paper records. These records are kept in a safe location and when the clinicians are finished with them they are uploaded into the electronic file and the paper copies are destroyed.