Update: Coronavirus Precautions
March 12, 2020
At the John McGivney Children’s Centre (JMCC), our top priority is the health and safety of our stakeholders including our employees, our partners and the children and families we serve. Therefore, in the wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are taking extra precautions to help prevent the spread of infection.
- As always, we ask that if you or anyone in your family is experiencing a fever and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing that you reschedule your appointment with JMCC. This includes in-Centre appointments as well as those in the home.
- JMCC staff will be conducting phone screening for COVID-19 prior to visiting client and family homes.
- JMCC reception staff will be conducting screening for COVID-19 in person before admitting visitors to the Centre.
- If a JMCC staff member notices that a client or their family member is exhibiting signs of respiratory illness, they may request to resume treating this child once they are feeling better.
- We will be removing all toys and games from our Family Waiting Room.
- We will be temporarily stopping lending items from our Toy Lending Library.
We will continue to post any further updates on our website. In the meantime, we encourage you to get reputable, accurate information on COVID-19 from trusted sources such as the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
, the Ministry of Health & Long Term Care
, Public Health Ontario
and the Public Health Agency of Canada
. Return to News